Our goal is to support the Downeast region by providing the community with timely news about events and create greater awareness of local merchants and other small businesses. DCN is not a newspaper, but rather a place for the community to share information about local activities and events.
We hope to accomplish this through:
- Stories submitted by community members and regular contributors.
- A Community Calendar provides a central location for all of the happenings in our community.
- A free Business Directory to connect the community with local services and organizations. Need to say more about your business or organization? Purchase an Enhanced Business Directory Listing.
- Help wanted ads on the Jobs Board are free of charge.
- Downeast Snapshots celebrates moments in time with reader-submitted photographs.
If you enjoy this new community resource and find it useful and informative, please share!
Susan Jordan Bennett, Milbridge resident, and web developer is spearheading the DCN project.
Do you have questions about the Downeast Coastal News? Contact us!